The keynote speakers and pre-conference tutorials at ACCU 2010 have been announced, and they look pretty good to me. The keynoters are
- Jeff Sutherland, creator of Scrum
- James Bach, testing big brain
- Dan North, inventor of Behaviour Driven Development
- Russel Winder, author, professor, raconteur, multi-core expert, and all around groovy guy
The pre-conference tutorials are
- A two-day certified Scrum master course run by Jeff Sutherland and Gabrielle Benefield. Sutherland doesn't come to the UK that often, I think, so if Scrum certification is on your list of things to do you might want to get in early.
- A course on testing session run by James Bach.
- An introduction to the D programming language by Walter Bright and Andrei Alexandrescu. Have to stay I'm not sure of the immediate utility of this (at least to me), but I can see this being a pretty intense session that would take months or even years to properly digest. That's good, by the way. Both Walter and Andrei are extremely smart and funny guys, and I bet you'd come out of this with a brain stuffed to the gunwhales. Quite tempted.
No official news on the rest of the programme, but it can't be long now. Reading the smoke signals suggest James' and my proposal didn't quite make the cut. I'm a wee bit disappointed because I think it would have been a pretty lively session. Still, have to wait for the thanks/no thanks email to be certain. Fingers still crossed.
Huzzah! Just had an acceptance email. So much for my smoke signal reading skills.
jez, 24th Nov 2009
[Add a comment]