Tuesday 23 January, 2007
Happy New Year
Here's Arabica first release of 2007. It contains a number of incremental improvements, but nothing you might describe as startling
- Further improvements to the configure system. The build can now be configured without the Boost libraries in which case the XPath components are skipped. Parser detection is improved, as is detecting the correct libraries for sockets.
- Added a Visual Studio solution file to build with Boost.
- Added TreeWalker and NodeFilter implementation, part of DOM Traversal. Thanks to craigp for that.
- Beefed up the MSXML version checking. Thanks to Sten Darre for that.
- Reworked the buffering in convertstream to reduce the number of dynamic allocations. This should make it quicker, and that will be particular noticeable on large documents. Thanks to Timo Guesch for profiling and suggesting the change.
- LexicalHandler and DeclHandler are now part of the XMLReader interface. They can now be set directly, rather than fiddling around with setProperty and the strange casting that involved. XMLFilterImpl has been extended to support them, as has the DefaultHandler. DefaultHandler2 is now redundant and has been deprecated.
Build reports are very welcome, particularly from non-i386 platforms and/or non-GCC compilers.
See you next time with some XSLT.
[Add a comment]